Thursday, April 02, 2015

Fundamentals volume 2 --- chapter 7 is done

Wow, it's been such a long time since I posted updates.  Surely a lot of stuff has been going on since December 2012, but still!

I found a new editor and the teamwork is great.  Since none of volume 2's text had been edited, the first order of business was to review the ~200 extant pages.  This took a while, but I'm really happy because we ended up deleting roughly 15 pages --- and that's the net effect, because I added some extra material as I went through the text too.

Not long ago we started reviewing chapter 7, and a few weeks ago we finally got to the tip of the written text.  And now, all the text for chapter 7 ("On Threading") is basically done.  The exercises include real gems.  But there are "only" 27 of them right now, so who knows... I might add more over time :).

Chapter 8, "On Recursion", is next.  Reviewing my notes for the chapter was exciting, there is a lot of new material I haven't talked about yet!

The draft is at 204 pages.

3 comments:

Carlos E. Ferro said...

beware, recursion chapter is always dangerous. If something goes wrong, you could en with a stack overflow ;-)

Unknown said...

Glad to see you're still working on this! I'm looking forward to reading it.

Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear you're still working on this, and I'll be happy to read it when you're done.