Saturday, August 23, 2014

About ESUG 2014

What a lovely conference, I'm glad to be back.  I really enjoyed the talks, you should go to the YouTube playlist and take a look.  Some that come to mind are Eliot Miranda's Spur talk, Clement Bera's talks about adaptive optimization, Tim Rowledge's talk on his work on Scratch, and Boris Shingarov's talk about modern problems for the Smalltalk VM in the IWST track, as well as Yuriy Tymchuk's presentation on Smalldromeda and Alexandre Bergel's Roassal presentation.  This is hardly a fair list though, so please excuse my brevity in favor of ESUG's video playlist.

I am also glad my Retrospective presentation was well received.  The results earned compliments from Tudor Girba.  There were plenty of laughs during the talk, and it was a lot of fun :).

More news to come...

No comments: