Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Comment moderation policy

It has come to my attention that at least one of you posted a comment for which I received no notification. Furthermore, I cannot find the comment provided, so I cannot approve it for moderation purposes.

However, the email I got regarding this missing comment was written under the assumption that I had rejected the comment during moderation. Clearly, that is the impression the apparent behavior of the blog gives. So I thought I'd outline the policy I use to moderate comments.

  1. comment isSpam ifTrue: [self reject: comment. ^self].
  2. comment isGrosslyOffensive ifTrue: [self reject: comment. ^self].
  3. self publish: comment.
Therefore, if you have not seen one of your comments, and you do not think it was spam or grossly offensive, then chances are I didn't even see it. Hopefully this makes things a bit more clear.

No comments: