Saturday, July 26, 2008

Assessments 1.0 beta 6

I just published Assessments 1.0 beta 6. This contains an Assessments fix to SUnit!

What happened was that, in regular SUnit, TestCase class>>shouldInheritSelectors fails because it has no protection against going to ask Object class if it shouldInheritSelectors, which results in a DNU UHE. So I just taught the SUnit bridge in Assessments to treat TestCase specially via subclassing and polymorphism, and now the problem is gone.

Needless to say, SUnit VM did not have this issue.

168 classes, 1156 methods, ~6.88 methods / class.

4 comments:

Stefan Schmiedl said...

Hi Andres,

do Assessments bridge to SUnitToo already?

Andres said...

Stefan,

Assessments does not bridge to SUnitToo at this time.

Andres.

Andres said...

Stefan,

I took a quick look at SUnitToo (finally, I confess, for the first time I examined it). Bridging it seems to be a simple matter of listening to a new type of exception, and mapping SUnitToo's root TestCase class into a new CheckRepositoryMetaclass instance inside Assessments.

Interestingly, if I am reading the code right, it looks like Announcements would be side-stepped completely because the Assessments execution policy would catch the exceptions before they have a chance to cause an announcement. From the POV of Assessments, this would make it easier.

I will look into this.

Andres.

Stefan Schmiedl said...

I apologize for the vicious attack on your weekend :-)

s.