Friday, May 30, 2008

Assessments does file logs

I have been under the weather and having to spend time doing pretty much nothing, waiting patiently to feel better... sigh, what a waste of time...

Now that it's over and I am back being able to think, I did a bit of work on Assessments. Now they do file logging too, and I am happy to report that the design strategy allowed this to happen without causing any major modification to the framework. In fact, this is so much so that Assessments supports two logging policies: a fast one in which the file is kept open while the checklists are evaluated, and a hardened one in which the file is opened then closed for each line written to it.

Needless to say, attaching things like Toothpick to this is child's play and doing such a thing would not entail any overrides or forceful changes to the implementation of Assessments at all.

Next up, I need some tools. More news to come.

No comments: