Friday, May 04, 2007

Many statements shown true with one proof

Since I like economy of thought, I will prove the following statements true in a very simple way.

  • You can really do it if you put yourself to it.
  • Life is too short to do everything you want to do.
  • Life is too short to do everything you want to do as well as possible.
So my friend, you get to choose. What is it going to be? A life of everyday things, or something special instead? I cherish those that go through, as Rilke used to say, the boredom of patience to produce a single golden success.

But where's the proof, right? Well, since I mentioned Rilke, he once asked Rodin how were artists supposed to live. Rodin turned around energetically and simply answered "working!". QED.

Bonus video: could you have any more fun?

No comments: