Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Spam comments

So finally I got comment spam in this blog, all related to Skype stuff. To make it more challenging, whoever or whatever did this decided to sprinkle my old posts with spam. Given that Blogger doesn't tell you which post the comment was posted to, this could have been a problem...

... nah. Use my web spider, update the snapshot of my blog that I keep for my own purposes, and then simply look for the right keywords. This made finding the spam very easy because Blogger produces a file per post. Go to the post in question, delete delete delete.

From now on, comments will be moderated as I'd rather not have to waste time with this again. I hope you understand.

3 comments:

John Borden said...

Care to share the source for your spider - I've been looking for a good one in Smalltalk/Squeak.

Andres said...

No, it's not a Smalltalk based spider. Also, I do not know about new versions but the new structure of blogspot makes it really hard to spider it because each page has huge amount of scripts that must be traversed because they contain the links. Most bothersome.

Andres said...

Also... funny that you ask me about spiders. A lovely specimen of bembix oculata found its way into my office a bit ago. It's most bothersome to have that flying around you.

And no, I didn't kill it. It's trapped under a glass. It's too cold now, I'll release it outside in the morning.