Sunday, October 01, 2006

More abuse of SUnit

And again, I wrote another testing framework by extending SUnit. This time, it's a benchmark tool that can measure iterations per second of many different implementations of the same functionality against many different test cases.

To think that for the book I tested 28 test cases against 6 implementations with two varieties, for a total of 336 printIts and 70kb of workspace code... all done by hand just because I thought it was a one time effort...

In the new framework, all that has been reduced to 6 test methods and 56 set up methods. Now all I need is the results UI and it will be ready for OOPSLA.

Incidentally, SUnit 3.0 as shipped with VW 7.2.1, could use some refactoring.

No comments: